See you at the Carmel Arts & Design District from 5-9pm tonight, Saturday, March 12, for Allied Solutions’ Meet me on Main. Head to Main Street and Range Line Road for an evening of art, shopping, music and more.
Meet me on Main is the City of Carmel’s monthly “Second Saturday” event to showcase local galleries, restaurants and design-related businesses in the district. Art galleries and businesses will host specially planned special events to enhance the district’s art and design features.
Visit art galleries and businesses to take advantage of their special offers, as well as special activities in the Arts and Design District:
- Free Caricatures at All Things Carmel (110 Main Street West)
- Sample spirits from local distilleries in partnership with the Carmel Brews & Barrels Trail at All Things Carmel (110 Main Street West)
- Take-out art kits provided by Indiana Artisan Gifts & Gallery’s Art Lab (22 N. Range Line Road)
- Live music featuring Gary Wasson, Adam Gross and Redoux Acoustic Duo in the district at three indoor locations:
- Indiana Artisan Gifts & Gallery (22 N. Range Line Road)
- Kuaba Gallery (404 W. Main St.)
- Carmel Chocolate Café (45 Main St. W.)
You’ll have the opportunity to enter to win one of three $100 gift cards by visiting participating merchants and dropping your name and contact information into a special drawing that will take place the following week. Gift cards are from select businesses in the Carmel Arts & Design District. Be sure to visit as many galleries and shops as possible to increase your chances of winning.
Visit the following galleries and businesses for a chance to win one of three $100 gift cards:
- Soori Gallery, 33 E. Main St.
- Magdalena Art Gallery, 27 E. Main St. #100
- Indiana Artisan Gifts & Gallery, 22 N. Range Line Road
- The Oil Mill, 10 S. Range Line Road
- Carmel Arts Council – The Children’s Art Gallery, 40 W. Main St.
- All Things Carmel, 110 W. Main St. #104
- Art on Main Gallery and Gifts, 111 W. Main St. #140
- CCA Gallery & Gifts, 111 W. Main St. #135
- Kuaba Gallery, 404 W. Main St.
- Aura Self & Soul Care, 312 W. Main St.
Art on the main gallery and freebies
Art on the main gallery and freebies, 111 W. Main St., Suite 140. Art on Main welcomes guest artist Susan Mauck, well known for her beautifully expressive paintings of children, horsemen, flowers and landscapes. Mauck, along with local artist and gallery member Beth Forst, have teamed up to create a beautiful showroom show for March titled “Out of the Blue.”
In addition to the main hall exhibition, the gallery was rediscovered with new works by the 20 local artists, including paintings, art photographs, mosaics, art candles, jewelry, textiles, glassware, charcuterie boards, soaps and more.
Art on Main has decided to donate a portion of its March sales to the International Rescue Committee to help displaced families in Ukraine.
CCA Gallery & Gifts
ACC Gallery, 111 W. Main St., Suite 135. The gallery features two of their artists this month: Neelu Jain, who creates amazing Temari designs, and Melinda Spear-Huff, painter extraordinaire. An extensive exhibition of their work is displayed in featured areas of the CCA Gallery throughout March.
Indiana Craft Gallery
AT Indiana Artisan Gifts and Gallery, 22 N. Range Line Road, Mary Ann Davis uses impressionistic elements, color, movement and vitality in her paintings to convey to others how she sees a scene and the colors she sees in it. Meet this master of the outdoors as she paints at the gallery this week, then see the finished painting in her booth at the Indiana Artisan Marketplace, April 2-3 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
Carmel Clay Public Library Digital Media Lab
Digital Media Lab, 23 E. Main St. The lab will be open from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and currently features an exhibition of photographs by Karl Zemlin. This collection features photos taken at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway where Zemlin works as a photographer during race season.
* * *
Special offers from businesses in the Arts and Design District include:
- Subzero Nitrogen Ice Cream, 111 W. Main St. #130. Offering “Create Your Own” ice cream in any size, buy one, get one free, as well as gelato and ice cream, buy one, get one free. Sub Zero ice cream is freshly made in front of the customer and can be customized with over 40 different flavors and 40 different mixes.
Construction of the main street
During the month of March, the intersection of Main Street and Veterans Way is under construction. Main Street will remain open for parking, but there will be no vehicular traffic. Pedestrian access via sidewalks and crosswalks will remain open. Crosswalk locations can be adjusted throughout construction for pedestrian safety.
The main detour includes 4th Avenue SW, West Elm Street and South Range Line Road for east-west traffic.
* * *
A map of gallery locations and more Meet Me information on key activities can be found at CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available at the Carmel Lions Club grounds (141 E. Main St.), Sophia Square parking garage (entrance from 1st Ave. NW), Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Road) or in the street. Click here to download the Arts & Design District parking map.
About the Carmel Arts & Design District
The Carmel Arts & Design District is the premier arts and design destination in the Midwest. Home to over 200 businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, antique shops, design showrooms, boutiques and creative service providers, the Carmel Arts & Design District promises to stimulate the senses. The Indiana Design Center is located in the Carmel Arts & Design District. Additionally, hundreds of people have taken advantage of the wide variety of housing opportunities and made the Carmel Arts & Design District their home.